With ease of lockdown restrictions in place, the world has started seeing a drastic increase in its pollution levels and it does more damage to the existing conditions than it does any good.
One of the most populated metropolitan cities in India, Bangalore, has seen a 60 to 65 percent reduction in pollution levels during the lockdown. From a Satisfactory AQI (Air Quality Index) of 50-100, the city has been able to move higher up the order to a Good AQI of 0-50. Now imagine this going back to the pre-lockdown level and posing a major threat to our health in addition to the crisis that we are all already facing.
Although it might take some time before people hit the road in masses, a major question that we should ask ourselves is how do we tackle this problem going forward? Are electric vehicles the future of our country?
The Indian Government is actively working on making the future electric. In addition to this, there are several NGOs and start-ups aiming at spreading awareness about a greener environment and are coming up with innovative Electric mobility solutions to handle the problem. One such organization I had the fortune of interning with is Greendzine Tech Pvt Ltd.
The peeps at Greendzine Tech believe that this is the way ahead and are determined to make Electric Vehicles the preferred choice of commute by offering novel solutions at an affordable cost. With this in mind, they have come up with India’s first Electric Moped designed - The Quark U.
I know that they have been chasing the dream of building an on road electric vehicle for quite some time now and they have finally fulfilled this dream. The theme of this vehicle is also coincidentally ‘CHASE YOUR DREAM’. From idea to implementation, they successfully finished the product in just 90 days!
After having a quick chat with the founders, I’m given to understand that they are trying to solve the following 3 problems that users face:
● Range - How far can one commute on an electric vehicle in a single battery charge cycle?
● Solution - To solve the range anxiety, they are offering a variety of battery options for you to choose from. So, you can choose the battery based on the distance that you travel on a daily/weekly basis.
● Charge - How long does it take for the battery to charge?
● Solution - It typically takes 3-4 hours for a full charge and that I believe is a great achievement in itself.
● Service - The next question is, what if my vehicle is low on charge midway or what if there is a technical service-related issue?
● Solution - Again, they are planning to set up battery swapping facilities at various locations across the country. The app will tell you the closest located facility and the fun fact here is that the people present in these facilities will also be trained professionals who can repair your vehicle, should there be a need for it.
The vehicle comes with a slick design and safety is not a choice but a necessity with this vehicle. It comes with 2 helmets to ensure the safety of the pillion rider too.
Given the nature of riders, there is always the risk of falling off conventional 2 wheelers like a Vespa or a Hero Honda, that’s where Quark U plays its game right. A Moped design which looks stylish and is also 100% safe. The colour, physical appearance, and safety options are
bound to bring a behavioural change in the consumers mindset and nudge users to take the electric path ahead. In my opinion, Quark U might be the next big thing in the Indian Automobile market.
If you want to learn more about the product, do check out their website: greendzine.org. I hope that you found this article insightful and would love to hear your opinions on this product.
Finally, if you’re waiting for the price of the product, then bingo, I am too.